Tuesday, September 27, 2005

"normal" for me these days is different than what it used to be.
i spend most of my time worrying or bitching about work or other
"adult" responsibilities that I just never seem to accomplish.
In fact, it seems that I can really only accomplish one project a week!

One amazing thing that I was actually able to do for myself last week:

I got myself a NEW job!!!!! (Can you freakin' believe it?)

It literally happened within a matter of days...
- Friday: I get a call and e-mail from my friend reminding me to apply for the job in her dept.
- Sunday: I complete my resume in cover letter at 2:30am and e-mail it to my friend's boss
- Monday: I get an e-mail from my friend's department, telling me that I have been chosen for an interview.
- Thursday: I attend my interview at 9am. I didn't think I did that well, but was ok with it all. That afternoon I got a call from the Director asking me to fax over my references. She said that I did really well in the interview and also asked me what my asking price was for a salary. I get an e-mail from my friend telling me that I am basically the top candidate for the job.
- Monday: I got my job offer.
- Tuesday: I accepted the job offer and put in my 3-week notice.

No comments: