Friday, July 18, 2003

12:22a

deja vu
it seems that I've been having the same conversation with people lately.
From my closest friends to new friends I made just today,
a consistent topic has been "about the journey".
So many dissatisfied souls out there
still trying to seek out truth -
specifically the truth that lies in their hearts.

Conversations about reaching goals,
doing something "different" in life,
feeling lost,
feeling like you are everywhere but getting nowhere...
this has been the general theme in many people's lives lately.

But about "the journey"...
it's important to value it, yes.
On the flip side, however, you still need to balance that with
goal setting
cause having some sense of direction is important.
Having some commitment in accomplishing something is part of that journey.

I guess I'm at that point where I just need to do it.
I need to stop sitting here
postulating philosophy and be more proactive
in achieving what little clear goals I have.

I guess I'm just afraid of getting too caught up in the "doing"
that I'll forget why I'm doing it in the first place.

No comments: