Thursday, February 20, 2003

10:57p

it's these times when I know i've got a guardian angel
either our big boss somehow found my blog entry from yesterday and read it,
or there really is a god.
So finally today I saw a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel
First, we actually had a staff meeting and I got to meet a whole slew of folks.
Didn't really get a chance to connect with any of them except for one.
Also, we didn't really get a chance to check in about our individual projects and things,
so I didn't learn too much about the other job functions of the staff.

However, I finally got to check in with our big boss.
Although I waited almost 3 weeks for this formal check-in,
and have been kinda bothered about it not happening sooner,
it was, strangely enough, worth the wait.
If only it would have happened sooner, though, I would have had a
better understanding of her expectations of me and
her perspectives on running the organization.

The good news is that she was very very inspirational
and encouraging when I expressed to her my interest in getting my MSW.
She was so supportive! She pretty much offered me all the support in
the world for me to continue developing on a professional level.
I was convinced of her commitment to that because she spoke about
it so passionately. She truly believed it was her obligation to give
back and invest in people (especially people of color who are underrepresented in
leadership roles), because she had benefited from the same kind of support
when she pursued her MSW.
I literally felt like she was taking me under her wing.

...and to think that I thought I was applying to the DMV when I turned in my application for this position!
boy, what a huge blessing in disguise.

I can't stop laughing....

No comments: